Less than a week to go and its time for the reminders for the 2014 Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Festival, presented by Cuyuna Regional Medical Center.
- Online registration ends on Wednesday, June 11th at midnight.
- There are two times to do in person registration after Wednesday. The first is during the Friday night Dinner and Concert at Crosby Memorial Park on June 13th, 7:00pm and 9:00pm. The second is day of the Miners Mountain Race on June 14th, 7:00am and 9:30am at the Crosby Memorial Park.
- Any event that requires a pre-payment (Friday Night Dinner, Night Ride, etc.) also allows for registration in person at the times listed above.
- As has been the case as previous festivals, we suggest a “park-n-ride” for most attendees. Park in town around Crosby Memorial Park and ride your bike to all the activities. Street and lot parking is actually pretty good in town. However, parking will be a rare commodity within the Cuyuna Country State Recreational Area. The Yawkey Unit parking lot will be closed and the Pennington Parking lot will be partially closed for this event.
- We recommend the Crosby Memorial Park parking lot for racers, as well as street parking along 2nd Street. Parking is also available along 3rd Street. The Croft Mine parking lot is an option also. (See map below.)
Lights Over Yawkey Night Ride (Friday, June 13th):
Meet at Croft Mine parking lot at 9:00pm.
- Lights are required. You will have to supply your own. Please ensure that the lights work and all the batteries and cabling is in good working order.
- Helmets are required. Gloves and eye protection (cycling glasses) are also recommended.
Miners Mountain XC Race (Saturday, June 14th):
- Mandatory racer meeting will be at the Crosby Memorial Park at 10:00am. Racers will then roll out from there to the bike parade/warm-up to the start finish line.
- Course will be closed from 7:00am to after race finish. If you wish to pre-ride the course, we recommend downloading the maps and riding in the days before the race, such as on Friday.
- This will be a mass staggered start by classes. Please listen to the announcements regarding lineup and class spacing. Experts will go first, Sport second, and Beginner third.
- Course marshals will be on the course. Please follow their directives.
- The course can be surprising. (This is especially true of the Expert course.) Even if you have rode these trails before, at race speeds they will be much more challenging. While we will have patrollers regularly sweeping the course, we do recommend you have a few emergency items with you.
- If you have a safety or technical issue, please inform the closest course marshal. If you see someone in need of assistance but unable to get to a course marshal, please inform the nearest course marshal. They will contact a patroller.
- Park-n-ride is recommended for spectators, though it will be possible to park along the east bound side of the Overlook Road.
- Cuyuna is home to Old Growth Poison Ivy, the Iron Jawed Ticks, and Stuka Skeeters with wingspans and speeds equal to unladen European Swallows. We suggest long socks (mid-calf or higher) and bug repellent so powerful it tingles/causes slight chemical burns on contact with the skin.
Tour de Park (Kids Race):
- Parents will have to sign a waiver for their children to participate. (Seriously. Lawyers ruin everything…)
- Helmets are required.
Miner’s Gamble Poker Ride:
- Poker Ride maps will be available at the start point for the Poker Ride as well as online.
- All award ceremonies will be held at the Crosby Memorial park directly following the event.